4 Cubs per team plus an adult to help. Cost £3 per Cub.
Only 1 team per Group.
Due to the size of the Cyril Allen Hut I have to restrict the number of teams to 8, so it will be “first come, first served” basis.
Teams should each bring the following:
- 2 burner cooker and gas
- Frying pan and/or wok
- Small nest of billies
- Chopping board
- Sharp knives
- Cooking utensils e.g. wooden spoon, spatula, fish slice, straining spoon, tin opener, potato
- Place setting equipment: table cloth, napkins, etc
- Washing up bowl
- Tea towel(s)
District will provide:
- 1 table for both preparation and cooking
- The same ingredients per team
- A table on which there will be shared ingredients for all teams: spices, herbs, etc
- Plates, knives, forks, spoons
- Each team will consist of up to 4 Cubs and a Leader/Young Leader or adult who are in a supervisory capacity only.
- Each team will be given the same core ingredients as well as access to shared ingredients such as salt, pepper, herbs and spices.
- Once they have their core ingredients teams will have 2 minutes to decide what they are going to cook/create as a starter, a main course and a dessert.
- Each team will have up to 1 hour in which to create a 3 course meal and lay a table for 2 settings.
- Teams will have to clear down and wash up whilst judging takes place.
- Judges’ decisions are final and cannot be disputed.
Frith Grange Campsite